As you prepare for the festive season, generally your thoughts are on shopping for presents, Christmas parties and food for the big day.
However while Christmas Day is all about celebrating with family and friends it is also unfortunately one of the worst days of the year for fire damage, as kitchens go into overdrive to prepare Christmas dinner.
And New Year’s Eve is one of the worst times of year for burglary claims, with expensive presents being a target for potential thieves. It is also one of the worst days for accidental damage claims in the home, mainly down to damaged cameras or phones at parties and spillages on the carpet from one too many drinks!
Here are some of our top tips for a safe and merry Christmas
- Check your fairy lights don’t overpower the sockets, and switch them off when you’re out and when you go to bed
- Keep the Christmas tree and decorations away from the fireplace and any candles
- Be careful when cooking Christmas dinner not to leave the oven or gas hobs on, it’s easy to forget these things when you’ve got a busy house of family and friends
- Keep presents out of sight until the big day, you don’t want to advertise them for burglars to see through the windows
- After Christmas make sure when you throw out present packaging it is unidentifiable, your new games console or IPad box will be an advertisement to any potential thieves
- Check all windows are doors are looked before you head out for your Christmas or New Year’s party
Can we help you?
If you would like us to provide a quotation please complete one of the following:
- Complete the form on the Homepage
- Fill in the form on our contact us page
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call 01637 876 876
We do everything we possibly can to check that we have got our facts straight, but it’s always possible that we could make a mistake (hopefully not or never would be better). Therefore we would like to make you aware that we accept no responsibility for information that may be factually incorrect or out of date, but we will do our best to make sure that all content is accurate. Our vision behind bringing the blog to the wider community is to keep our clients and prospective clients informed of their legal requirements, the different products on offer and how they may benefit your business and the new schemes we find which we think will benefit you.
We are Personal and Commercial Insurance Brokers based in Newquay, Cornwall covering the whole of the UK.
Search The Blog
- Advice on minimising damage caused by Storms January 19, 2017
- Preventing frozen pipes this winter January 11, 2017
- Thinking of booking a holiday? Make sure you get Travel Insurance in place January 4, 2017
- Heart-warming stories of 2016 December 30, 2016
- Christmas Opening Hours December 22, 2016