One of the main causes of losses to a home is a fire, and even small fires can cause structural issues and smoke damage.
Here are some tips on how you can minimise the impact:
- Smoke alarms are very important – make sure you replace the batteries every 12 months and the actual alarm every 10 years. You should have at least one smoke alarm on each level of your home – more in larger homes.
- Larger properties can benefit greatly from having an automatic fire alarm system as the Fire Service are immediately alerted, even if you’re not home.
- Having a few fire extinguishers in your home can be useful for controlling small fires . It’s also a good idea to have a fire blanket within easy reach in the kitchen.
- You should discuss a fire escape plan with all the family so everyone knows all possible exits and escape routes. Also make sure everyone is aware of where any door and window keys are kept.
- It’s a good idea to have fire doors installed at key points throughout the house as this will significantly reduce the rate a fire can spread.
- Ensure your electrics are checked by a registered electrician at least every 10 years.
How can we help you?
Please feel free to contact us using one of the following should you wish to discuss your home insurance or property insurance:
- Complete the form on the Homepage
- Fill in the form on our contact us page
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call 01637 876 876
We do everything we possibly can to check that we have got our facts straight, but it’s always possible that we could make a mistake (hopefully not or never would be better). Therefore we would like to make you aware that we accept no responsibility for information that may be factually incorrect or out of date, but we will do our best to make sure that all content is accurate. Our vision behind bringing the blog to the wider community is to keep our clients and prospective clients informed of their legal requirements, the different products on offer and how they may benefit your business and the new schemes we find which we think will benefit you.
We are Personal and Commercial Insurance Brokers based in Newquay covering the whole of Cornwall and the UK
Search The Blog
- Reopening as Lockdown Measures Ease April 20, 2021
- IR35 changes take effect from 1 April 2020 January 25, 2021
- New UK immigration laws in force from 1 January 2021 January 25, 2021
- Prepare your business for Brexit December 17, 2020
- No-Deal Brexit and Driving in Europe December 6, 2020