Here in the UK, turbulent weather and storms are becoming increasingly common.
There are some simple steps that you can take to lessen the effect of a storm, and making sure your home is well-maintained is one of the best ways to protect against storm damage.
- Have the roof of your home checked for any loose or missing tiles, paying close attention to any flat roofing as this can be particularly vulnerable in heavy rain. Inspect gutters and downpipes to make sure they are clear of debris so rain can drain away effectively.
- If you have trees on your property have any loose branches removed by a speciality tree surgeon to stop them causing damage in high winds.
- Park any vehicles in a garage, or at least away from large trees.
- Secure all windows and doors.
- Store or secure garden furniture to stop them being picked up by the storm and causing damage.
- Don’t forget to include your outbuildings; people store many valuable items in outbuildings so make sure they are just as well protected as items in your home.
How can we help you?
Please feel free to contact us using one of the following should you wish to discuss your home insurance or property insurance:
- Complete the form on the Homepage
- Fill in the form on our contact us page
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call 01637 876 876
We do everything we possibly can to check that we have got our facts straight, but it’s always possible that we could make a mistake (hopefully not or never would be better). Therefore we would like to make you aware that we accept no responsibility for information that may be factually incorrect or out of date, but we will do our best to make sure that all content is accurate. Our vision behind bringing the blog to the wider community is to keep our clients and prospective clients informed of their legal requirements, the different products on offer and how they may benefit your business and the new schemes we find which we think will benefit you.
We are Personal and Commercial Insurance Brokers based in Newquay covering the whole of Cornwall and the UK
Search The Blog
- Reopening as Lockdown Measures Ease April 20, 2021
- IR35 changes take effect from 1 April 2020 January 25, 2021
- New UK immigration laws in force from 1 January 2021 January 25, 2021
- Prepare your business for Brexit December 17, 2020
- No-Deal Brexit and Driving in Europe December 6, 2020