Following our recent blog about ‘The Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (England)
Regulations 2015’ coming into force for residential property owners and landlords we have detailed below some interesting facts regarding smoke and carbon monoxide alarms.
You are four times more likely to die in a house fire if you don’t have a working smoke alarm
- Over 85% of people put themselves at risk of injury when testing their smoke alarms
- Smoke alarms should be tested weekly and batteries replaced yearly
- If there is a fire in your home and you don’t have a working smoke alarm installed the chances of survival are virtually zero
- Fire deaths have been halved since smoke alarms were introduced in the late 1970s
- The chance of an elderly person dying from fire doubles when they live alone and do not have a smoke alarm installed
- One in eight house fires that Fire and Rescue Services attend did not have a working smoke alarm
- On average 2 people over 65 die in a house fire every week
- Smoke alarms should ideally be placed in the middle of the ceiling
- A number of Fire and Rescue Services in the UK offer free home fire risk checks and advice. They can also install smoke alarms for you.
Taken from Goodpoint: http://www.goodpointcampaign.com/fire-safety-and-smoke-alarms-the-statistics
If the above scheme, product or article interests you, please mention this when contacting us. That way we can select the insurer/product mentioned, as we have a range of insurers that offer different benefits, for example not all of our insurers may cover the key elements mentioned above.
If you would like us to provide a quotation please complete one of the following:
- Complete the form on the Homepage
- Fill in the form on our contact us page
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call 01637 876 876
We do everything we possibly can to check that we have got our facts straight, but it’s always possible that we could make a mistake (hopefully not or never would be better). Therefore we would like to make you aware that we accept no responsibility for information that may be factually incorrect or out of date, but we will do our best to make sure that all content is accurate. Our vision behind bringing the blog to the wider community is to keep our clients and prospective clients informed of their legal requirements, the different products on offer and how they may benefit your business and the new schemes we find which we think will benefit you.
We are Personal and Commercial Insurance Brokers based in Newquay covering the whole of Cornwall and the UK, including Newquay, Truro, Penzance, Liskeard, Redruth, Bodmin, St Austell & Helston.
Search The Blog
- Reopening as Lockdown Measures Ease April 20, 2021
- IR35 changes take effect from 1 April 2020 January 25, 2021
- New UK immigration laws in force from 1 January 2021 January 25, 2021
- Prepare your business for Brexit December 17, 2020
- No-Deal Brexit and Driving in Europe December 6, 2020