With summer almost here you are probably starting to plan your next holiday, that’s if you haven’t booked one already!
It’s important to be aware of some common travel scams whilst on holiday. We have detailed below some scams you need to look out for:
- Online booking schemes – Only book hotels, rentals or timeshares through reputable sites or travel agents. If you are unsure of the validity of a site, find a more trustworthy option.
- Identify theft – Make sure you verify that each Wi-Fi network you use is trustworthy to help eliminate the risk of your personal data being stolen by a cyber-criminal. Also it’s a good idea to let your bank and credit card provider that you will be going on holiday.
- The long route – Research your travel routes in advance and only use reputable taxi companies to ensure that a driver does not take an extra-long route to raise your fare.
- Currency confusion – Familiarise yourself with the local currency in order to avoid receiving counterfeit currency or incorrect change.
- Distraction theft – Always be aware of your surroundings, regardless of how crowded the area may be, especially when interacting with other people. Thieves may try to distract you—even just by asking for directions—in order to steal from you.
- Returning your hire car – make sure to note any damage to the vehicle before you hire the car and ensure you get a copy of the signed paperwork confirming no damage when returning the vehicle. You don’t want to get home and find your credit card has been charged for damage you never inflicted.
Can we help you?
If you would like a quotation for travel insurance please contact us by one of the following:
- Complete the form on the Homepage
- Fill in the form on our contact us page
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call 01637 876 876
We do everything we possibly can to check that we have got our facts straight, but it’s always possible that we could make a mistake (hopefully not or never would be better). Therefore we would like to make you aware that we accept no responsibility for information that may be factually incorrect or out of date, but we will do our best to make sure that all content is accurate. Our vision behind bringing the blog to the wider community is to keep our clients and prospective clients informed of their legal requirements, the different products on offer and how they may benefit your business and the new schemes we find which we think will benefit you.
We are Personal and Commercial Insurance Brokers based in Newquay covering the whole of Cornwall and the UK
Search The Blog
- Reopening as Lockdown Measures Ease April 20, 2021
- IR35 changes take effect from 1 April 2020 January 25, 2021
- New UK immigration laws in force from 1 January 2021 January 25, 2021
- Prepare your business for Brexit December 17, 2020
- No-Deal Brexit and Driving in Europe December 6, 2020