Aviva have just announced a series of changes they’re making to their motor trade product.
What are the main changes?
- New Vehicle replacement for motor trade customers extended to include goods carrying vehicles up to 7.5 tonnes
- Waste Removal Condition amended – to better reflect motor trade storage and removal practice
- Damage to vehicles or vehicle contents due to fraud, trick or false pretence included (subject to application of the excess or 25% of the loss – whichever is greater)
- Business Interruption cover extended to include Damage to Motor Vehicles, Property in Custody of Sub-Contractors, and Transit – limit £10,000 for each extension
- Road Risks Third Party Property Damage Indemnity Limit increased from £5,000,000 to £10,000,000 (£1,000,000 Hazardous Sites/Goods limit introduced)
- Road Risks Medical Expenses cover added – £350 limit per person
Aviva have more than 100 years’ heritage behind them and they’re still leading the way when it comes to motor trade insurance. It was a little over 100 years ago they provided their first policy to a motor trade client, and are still doing so 10 decades later. In fact, one client has been them for 97 years!
What else makes Aviva’s motor trade offering great?
- Expertise – their teams of expert underwriters, engineers, claims managers, and risk managers, are all focussed upon delivering a first class service to you
- All shapes and sizes – Aviva can offer cover for the smallest motor trader to the largest multi-location, multi-franchise dealer network – and everything in between
- Flexibility of offering – Their product and service is flexible, as is their capability to provide insurance solutions to the majority of motor trade businesses. They can tailor both product and service to meet the needs of individual clients, which combined with Aviva’s added value services, provides great all round value for money
- They’re leading the way – Aviva are fighting against low speed impact claims and fraud, through their road to reform campaign, where they’re looking to drive out the compensation culture
- Awards – the motor trade community voted Aviva their number one Trade Insurance Provider of the Year at the Car Dealer Power Awards in both 2014 and 2015, based on their flexible products, excellent customer service, and ease of doing business.
If the above scheme, product or article interests you, please mention this when contacting us. That way we can select the insurer/product mentioned, as we have a range of insurers that offer different benefits, for example not all of our insurers may cover the key elements mentioned above.
If you would like us to provide a quotation please complete one of the following:
- Complete the form on the Homepage
- Fill in the form on our contact us page
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 01637 876 876
We do everything we possibly can to check that we have got our facts straight, but it’s always possible that we could make a mistake (hopefully not or never would be better). Therefore we would like to make you aware that we accept no responsibility for information that may be factually incorrect or out of date, but we will do our best to make sure that all content is accurate. Our vision behind bringing the blog to the wider community is to keep our clients and prospective clients informed of their legal requirements, the different products on offer and how they may benefit your business and the new schemes we find which we think will benefit you.
We are Personal and Commercial Insurance Brokers based in Newquay covering the whole of Cornwall and the UK.
Search The Blog
- Reopening as Lockdown Measures Ease April 20, 2021
- IR35 changes take effect from 1 April 2020 January 25, 2021
- New UK immigration laws in force from 1 January 2021 January 25, 2021
- Prepare your business for Brexit December 17, 2020
- No-Deal Brexit and Driving in Europe December 6, 2020