What’s this all about?
We have access to several specialist schemes for this sector. Below is an outline of one of the schemes and the benefits it offers specifically to the Alarm, Fire and CCTV contractor industry.
What extra benefits would a specific specialist insurance for the Alarm, Fire and CCTV contractor industry provide for me that a standard insurance policy typically doesn’t?
The Public Liability and Products Liability section can include the follow covers:
- Inefficacy insurance which covers the failure to perform of the product supplied. Often under other insurance policies you will find that is not included, may have an inner limit of only £100,000 or less. If it is included or may be restricted to work on domestic properties only, therefore not providing cover when working on commercial premises;
- Contractual Liability insurance;
- Design, instruction or advice in connection with the product or service supplied;
- Financial Loss including Products protects against legal liability for financial loss (not in respect of, or as a consequence of bodily injury or damage to property) incurred by others. This cover is usually excluded from other policies or the level of cover may be lower;
- Damage to the part worked on for alarm, extinguishing or security services. An example of where this cover comes in to play would be when a carpet has been damaged whilst being lifted. Many insurance policies specifically exclude the part being worked on;
- Terrorism cover on Public Liability insurance, Products Liability Insurance and Inefficacy insurance. Terrorism cover is often excluded under other policies and a separate Terrorism insurance policy would need to be arranged to cover this risk.
You would also benefit from free Professional Indemnity insurance of £100,000 if no more than 10% of your turnover relates to advice or design for a fee. If your business exceeds this 10% then Professional Indemnity insurance would need to be costed rather than free. The level of insurance (limit of indemnity) can be increased if needed.
Free Directors & Officers Liability insurance of £100,000 as long as you satisfy the eligibility criteria, and again the level of insurance is able to be increased to better suit your needs.
You can also include Commercial All Risks insurance, Business Interruption insurance, Contract Works insurance, Commercial Legal expenses insurance and Fidelity Guarantee cover.
Are you an NSI or SSAIB accredited contractor?
If you are an accredited contractor of the National Security Inspectorate (NSI) or Security Systems & Alarms Inspection Board (SSAIB) then you could benefit from additional discounts on your insurance.
How can we help you?
Please complete one of the following if you would like us to provide a quotation:
- Complete the form on the Homepage
- Fill in the form on our contact us page
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call 01637 876 876
We do everything we possibly can to check that we have got our facts straight, but it’s always possible that we could make a mistake (hopefully not or never would be better). Therefore we would like to make you aware that we accept no responsibility for information that may be factually incorrect or out of date, but we will do our best to make sure that all content is accurate. Our vision behind bringing the blog to the wider community is to keep our clients and prospective clients informed of their legal requirements, the different products on offer and how they may benefit your business and the new schemes we find which we think will benefit you.
We are Personal and Commercial Insurance Brokers based in Newquay covering the whole of Cornwall and the UK.
Search The Blog
- Reopening as Lockdown Measures Ease April 20, 2021
- IR35 changes take effect from 1 April 2020 January 25, 2021
- New UK immigration laws in force from 1 January 2021 January 25, 2021
- Prepare your business for Brexit December 17, 2020
- No-Deal Brexit and Driving in Europe December 6, 2020