You may be off on holiday this week or next with most schools being on half term. Read our top tips on protecting your home while you’re away:
- Refrain from posting on social media whilst away as essentially you are advertising that your home is currently empty. Insurers could void your cover should you get burgled after posting on social media sites when on holiday.
- Ask a friend or family member to keep an eye on your home. They can check in from time to time to make sure everything is safe and locked.
- Set a burglar alarm. This acts as a deterrent to thieves. Houses with no security are twice as likely to get burgled compared to those with basic security – who have only a 2% chance of burglary.
- Turn off all your appliances at the socket, expect for your trusty fridge/freezer. Not only will this reduce the risk of fires, it also saves you money on your utility bills.
- Make sure to move any valuables out of sight, you don’t want to encourage burglars by leaving appealing items in full view through the window.
By following the above tips you will significantly reduce the likelihood of needing to make an insurance claim and help ensure that your summer holiday memories are of your holiday and not a problem that happened at home.
If you would like us to provide a quotation for your home insurance or travel insurance please complete one of the following:
- Complete the form on the Homepage
- Fill in the form on our contact us page
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 01637 876 876
We do everything we possibly can to check that we have got our facts straight, but it’s always possible that we could make a mistake (hopefully not or never would be better). Therefore we would like to make you aware that we accept no responsibility for information that may be factually incorrect or out of date, but we will do our best to make sure that all content is accurate. Our vision behind bringing the blog to the wider community is to keep our clients and prospective clients informed of their legal requirements, the different products on offer and how they may benefit your business and the new schemes we find which we think will benefit you.
We are Personal and Commercial Insurance Brokers based in Newquay, Cornwall covering the whole of the UK.
Search The Blog
- Reopening as Lockdown Measures Ease April 20, 2021
- IR35 changes take effect from 1 April 2020 January 25, 2021
- New UK immigration laws in force from 1 January 2021 January 25, 2021
- Prepare your business for Brexit December 17, 2020
- No-Deal Brexit and Driving in Europe December 6, 2020