Tips on Staying Safe Online
These days we’re spending more time than ever online and recent numbers show the average Brit spends more than 30 hours a month surfing the internet.
It’s important to stay safe when you are doing those day to day things such as online shopping, paying bills and experiencing entertainment. Here are a few tips on how to protect yourself from cyber criminals:
- Invest in some Antivirus software – this is designed to prevent viruses from corrupting your computer or stealing data
- Ignore any suspicious looking bank emails – no bank or card issuer will ever send you an email requesting your personal information. You should report the matter to your bank.
- Never open unsolicited ‘spam’ emails – delete these straight away
- Check your privacy settings – use private browsers and review your social media settings
If you are interested in Cyber Insurance to protect yourself or your business from internet-based risks and other information technology infrastructure risks please feel free to contact us for more information.
If you would like us to provide a quotation please complete one of the following:
- Complete the form on the Homepage
- Fill in the form on our contact us page
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call 01637 876 876
We do everything we possibly can to check that we have got our facts straight, but it’s always possible that we could make a mistake (hopefully not or never would be better). Therefore we would like to make you aware that we accept no responsibility for information that may be factually incorrect or out of date, but we will do our best to make sure that all content is accurate. Our vision behind bringing the blog to the wider community is to keep our clients and prospective clients informed of their legal requirements, the different products on offer and how they may benefit your business and the new schemes we find which we think will benefit you.
We are Personal and Commercial Insurance Brokers based in Newquay covering the whole of Cornwall and the UK.
Search The Blog
- Reopening as Lockdown Measures Ease April 20, 2021
- IR35 changes take effect from 1 April 2020 January 25, 2021
- New UK immigration laws in force from 1 January 2021 January 25, 2021
- Prepare your business for Brexit December 17, 2020
- No-Deal Brexit and Driving in Europe December 6, 2020