Well the day is finally here, we hope you are having a fun filled fabulous day (and you are stuffed from all the turkey!).
Keeping with the spirit we have some fun facts about Christmas for you:
- All the gifts in the Twelve Days of Christmas would equal 364 gifts
- One town in Indiana is called Santa Claus. There is also a Santa, Idaho
- Christmas has different meanings around the world; Christmas Eve in Japan is a good day to eat fried chicken and strawberry shortcake
- Santa’s sleigh travels at 2,340,000 mph to reach every home in the world on Christmas Eve J
- An average of 5,800 people end up in the ER after suffering injuries from holiday decorating
- In the British armed forces it is traditional that officers wait on the men and serve them their Christmas dinner. This dates back to a custom from the middle Ages.
- Christmas trees usually grow for around 15 years before they are sold
- Mistletoe (Viscum album) is from the Anglo-Saxon word misteltan, which means “little dung twig” because the plant spreads though bird droppings
- An artificial spider and web are often included in the decorations on Ukrainian Christmas trees. A spider web found on Christmas morning is believed to bring good luck
- A traditional Christmas dinner in early England was the head of a pig prepared with mustard
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from the team at Towan Insurance!
Search The Blog
- Reopening as Lockdown Measures Ease April 20, 2021
- IR35 changes take effect from 1 April 2020 January 25, 2021
- New UK immigration laws in force from 1 January 2021 January 25, 2021
- Prepare your business for Brexit December 17, 2020
- No-Deal Brexit and Driving in Europe December 6, 2020